Lettings Service Options
Service Level Options
Burn & Warne Lettings & Management offer various levels of service to accommodate the differing needs of clients.
Letting Only Service
Designed to find the ideal tenant and suitable for experienced or non-portfolio landlords who wish to remain involved in legal details and the day-to-day activities, such as rent collection, arrears and general maintenance.
The Letting Only Service includes:
• Advertising and promoting the property until a suitable tenant is secured.
• Arranging and accompanying viewings.
• Taking up references and carrying out credit checks on prospective tenants.
• Preparing the tenancy agreement.
• Signing up the tenant and taking the first month’s rent and security deposit (the deposit must be held within an approved scheme).
• Passing over legal documents and monies to the Landlord once the tenant is signed up and forwarding the standing order in favour of the landlord to the relevant bank.
• Displaying a Burn & Warne “To Let” board.
• Rent guarantee (subject to referencing and terms and conditions).
Rent Collection Service
This service is ideal for those landlords who have the experience and time to be involved with their tenants. Burn & Warne Lettings will deal with all elements of marketing, professional referencing, all legal documentation, deposit handling and all ongoing rent collection as Letting Only Service and adds the following:
• Collection and handling of deposit funds under TDSRA rules.
• Notifying Local Authority of council tax responsibility.
• Notifying utility companies of tenancy agreement.
• On-going collection of rent.
• Chasing late or non-payment of rent.
• Providing a monthly statement of account.
• Rent guarantee (subject to referencing and terms and conditions.)
Full Management Service
The Full Management Service ensures that every aspect of the lettings process is dealt with on your behalf and you avoid having to deal with any of the time consuming and demanding issues that can arise during the tenancy. This service is ideal for overseas/distant Landlords.
The Full Management Service adds the following to the Letting Only and Rent Collection Service:
• Arranging an inventory
• Setting up tenant accounts with the appropriate utility companies
• Carrying interim visits to check on the condition on the property
• Arranging maintenance and reapirs on the property as necessary
• Paying any bills on the property (maintenance contracts etc)
• Designated property manager
• Renewing gas safety certificates
• Dealing with any claim from the deposit against the tenant for damage, if necessary